Welcome to the TripCompanion website (the “Website”), operated by JE Circle, Inc. (“JEC” or “we”, “us” or “our”). TripCompanion provides to you access to a peer-to-peer online matching service designed for travel planners to connect with a companion to accompany themselves or their family members on a commercial airline flight.
All information on this Website is owned by us, and we claim all intellectual property rights in this copyrights including, without limitation, any copyright, trademarks, and trade dress. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of JEC used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of JEC. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Licenses Granted by JEC to TripCompanion Content
JEC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to view, download and print any content contained on this Website solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section. JEC reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms, and no licenses or rights shall arise by estoppel or implication.
The list of potential travel companions provided on the Website is for illustrative purposes. You are not authorized to use the list to select travel companions for yourself or any third party. Any selection of travel companions may only occur after you have created an account with us, and have agreed to all application terms and conditions.
THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, AND ANY SERVICES JEC PROVIDES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE APP, AND THE CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. JEC, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF CONDUCT.
Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, JEC has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide JEC’s Copyright Agent the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
4. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
JEC’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached by hard copy mail at this address:
JE Circle, Inc.
Attention: Copyright Agent
3790 El Camino Real, Suite 2013
Palo Alto, CA 94306
or by electronic mail at this address:
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
1. JEC may remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
2. JEC may forward the written notification to such alleged infringer; and
3. JEC may take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If the alleged infringer believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against him, her, or it, and would like to submit a counter-notification, he, she or it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with JEC’s Copyright Agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the JEC’s Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which JEC may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
1. JEC may promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
2. JEC may inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; or
3. JEC may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided JEC’s Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on JEC’s network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.