South India Tea and Temple
Reach back into the Dravidian culture and observe the influence of the French, Dutch and English colonialists. There’s much to learn about the South Indian culture on this tour. Excite your taste buds with an interactive kitchen experience with an authentic Chettinad chef.
Enrich your knowledge while enjoying a cup of tea at the Munnar Tea Plantations and Tea Museum. Arrive at Kerala where St Thomas the Apostle introduced Christianity in the 1st century. Stroll by the Arabian Sea front and relax on a Backwaters small boat cruise. You’ll be amazed by how much you can learn from this trip!
13 Days, 12 Nights: Chennai, Mylapore, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Karaikudi, Madurai, Munnar & Kochi
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Meet Up at Chennai
Day 2: Chennai | Mylapore
Day 3: Chennai – Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Mahabalipuram
Day 4: Pondicherry | Pondicherry Tour, Cooking Demonstration
Day 5: Pondicherry – Thanjavur | Silk Weavers’ Colony
Day 6: Thanjavur | Brihadeeswara Temple, Cooking Demonstration
Day 7: Thanjavur – Karaikudi, Trichy
Day 8: Karaikudi – Madurai | Meenakshi Temple
Day 9: Madurai – Munnar
Day 10: Munnar| Tea Plantation, Tea Museum, Kudla Dam, Echo Point
Day 11: Munnar – Kochi | Fort Kochi, Kathakali Dance Performance
Day 12: Kochi | Alleppey Lunch Cruise
Day 13: Depart Kochi
‣ 4-Star Hotel Accommodations (Except 3-Star at Kochi)
‣ Airport Transfers
‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for details)
‣ Welcome Dinner
‣ English-speaking Local Guide
‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments
‣ Small Boat Cruise on Kerala Backwaters
‣ Cooking Demonstrations with Local Chef
‣ Kathakali Dance Performance
Meet Up at Chennai (MAA)
Chennai | Mylapore
Chennai – Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram
Pondicherry (Puducherry) | Pondicherry Tour, Cooking Demonstration
Pondicherry – Thanjavur | Silk Weavers’ Colony
Thanjavur | Brihadeeswara Temple, Cooking Demonstration
Thanjavur - Karaikudi | Trichy
Karaikudi – Madurai | Meenakshi Temple
Madurai - Munnar
Munnar | Tea Plantation, Tea Museum, Kudla Dam, Echo Point
Munnar - Kochi | Fort Kochi, Kathakali Dance Performance
Kochi | Alleppey Lunch Cruise
Tap '-' to see all destinations. Tap '+' to zoom in.
Dates & PricingPrivate Tour: Daily departure.
|2 Persons *||3 Persons **||4 Persons *||6 Persons *|
|Apr 1 to Sep 30, 2018||$3,260||$2,720||$2,635||$2,390|
|Oct 1 to Dec 19, 2018||$3,920||$3,385||$3,300||$3,055|
|Jan 11 to Mar 31, 2019||$4,200||$3,665||$3,580||$3,335|
- * Price per person in US dollars, double occupancy.
- ** Price per person in US dollars, triple occupancy.
- Solo traveler or larger groups, call for price.
- Prices include all currently applicable taxes.
Booking Your FlightWe can find the best flights and airfares for your tour. Buying your own air tickets? No problem.
- ‣ International Air Fares To And From India
- ‣ Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fee For India
- ‣ Gratuities
- ‣ Laundry Service
- ‣ Personal Expenses and Telephone Calls
- ‣ Professional camera/video camera fees at monuments
- ‣ All other services which are not mentioned in the inclusions
|Pondicherry||Palais De Mahe||★★★★|
|Abad Cooper Castle||Abad Cooper Castle||★★★★|