Tea and Monasteries
Take in the spectacular view of the East Himalayas with majestic mountains, waterfall and native plants and ancient mystical Tibetan Buddhist monasteries.
Many villages here retain its traditional ways of life. The ancient Buddhist monasteries of the region are destination for Buddhist religious pilgrimage. See the influences the British Raj made having arrived here in 1800 to establish Kolkata (a colonial capital city for the British East India Company) and tea plantations in Darjeeling.
10 Days, 9 Nights: Kolkata, Gangtok, Pelling & Darjeeling
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Meet Up at Kolkata
Day 2: Kolkata | Victoria Memorial, River Hooghly Cruise, Howrah Bridge, Flower Markets, Marble Palace, South Park Cemetery
Day 3: Kolkata – Bagdogra – Gangtok
Day 4: Gangtok | Phodong Monastery, Institute of Tibetology, Enchey Monastery, Ravangla Buddha Park
Day 5: Gangtok – Pelling | Pemayangtse Monastery, Kangchenjunga Mountain
Day 6: Pelling – Darjeeling | Khecheopari Lake, Ghoom Monastery, Tiger Hill
Day 7: Darjeeling | Tea Garden
Day 8: Darjeeling | Relaxation
Day 9: Darjeeling – Bagdogra – Kolkata
Day 10: Kolkata
‣ 4 & 5-Star Hotel Accommodations
‣ Airport Transfers
‣ Daily Breakfast and Selected Meals (See tour plan for more details)
‣ Welcome Dinner
‣ English-speaking Local Guide
‣ Entrance Fees to Monuments
‣ River Hooghly Cruise
‣ Traditional Garlanding Welcome with Welcome Kit
Meet Up at Kolkata (CCU)
Kolkata | Victoria Memorial, River Hooghly Cruise, Howrah Bridge, Flower Markets, Marble Palace, South Park Cemetery
Kolkata – Bagdogra - Gangtok
Gangtok | Phodong Monastery, Institute of Tibetology, Enchey Monastery, Ravangla Buddha Park
Gangtok - Pelling | Pemayangtse Monastery, Kangchenjunga Mountain
Pelling - Darjeeling | Khecheopari Lake, Ghoom Monastery, Tiger Hill
Darjeeling | Tea Garden
Darjeeling – Bagdogra – Kolkata
Tap '-' to see all destinations. Tap '+' to zoom in.
Dates & PricingPrivate Tour: Daily departure.
|2 Persons *||3 Persons **||4 Persons *||6 Persons *|
|Apr 1 to Sep 14, 2018||$3,400||CALL||$3,315||$3,070|
|Sep 15 to Sep 30, 2018||$3,600||$3,105||$3,205||$2,865|
|Oct 1 to Dec 19, 2018||$3,085||$2,790||$2,735||$2,580|
|Jan 11 to Mar 31, 2019||$2,980||$2,680||$2,620||$2,465|
- * Price per person in US dollars, double occupancy.
- ** Price per person in US dollars, triple occupancy.
- Solo traveler or larger groups, call for price.
- Prices include all currently applicable taxes.
Booking Your FlightWe can find the best flights and airfares for your tour. Buying your own air tickets? No problem.
- ‣ Any Travel Insurance
- ‣ Medical Expenses
- ‣ Visa Fees
- ‣ Domestic/International Air Fares and Airport Departure Taxes
- ‣ Gratuities
- ‣ Laundry Service
- ‣ Telephone Calls
- ‣ Professional camera/video camera fees at monuments
- ‣ All the other services which are not mentioned in the inclusions
|Pelling||The Elgin Pelling||★★★★★|
|Darjeeling||The Elgin Darjeeling||★★★★|